Last summer I made the Bettine dress by Tilly and the Buttons.
When I sew the pattern tracing, fabric cutting preparation always feels like a chore. I just want to get it over with as soon as possible so I can get on with the fun bit of putting it all together.
This pattern was great – minimal admin! There aren’t too many pieces to cut so you can get straight to the good stuff. A really simple pattern, this was quick and easy to sew. I love the button detail on the sleeve.
The fabric was a lightweight denim chambray style material which I found in a charity shop in Camden.
In reality this is more of a wearable toile than a finished dress – the fit isn’t perfect for everyday wear! The sleeves are a little tight and I would go up a size in the skirt next time. It’s alright standing up but when I sit down it pulls very tight and wrinkles like crazy! I also plan to lengthen the torso a tiny bit as the skirt sits very high.
New updated version to follow soon!