I finally got round to making this – the free Sorbetto pattern from Colette. I ended up making two attempts at this, so first things first… I cut a straight size 12 for this, and it’s really easy to make. But as you can see my boobs look squashed and it comes up very short and baggy around the waist. To be honest I don’t think I’ll wear this often as it looks a bit frumpy. Which brings me to round two… I’m much happier with this. I made some changes to the pattern. You can see the full bust adjustment (FBA) I did on the front pattern piece in the first picture below, and then I traced around the adjusted pattern to make a new front pattern piece. I also lowered the neckline at the front, but forgot to take a picture of this. I just freestyled with a pen, so nothing too complicated with the neckline!
In the second and third photos I cut a line across it so I could add some length. Finally I repeated this with the back pattern piece. And here’s a comparison for good measure! Now I’ve got the pattern adjusted to fit me better it will be really easy to make some more of these for summer. 🙂